This afternoon we experienced medium tremor in NJ for about 30+ seconds. I was at work and on the conference call with our business partners in NY city. When it struck, everybody on the call had the same reaction "now what was that ?". We rushed out and the I guess the whole east coast from Virgina to Massachusetts was evacuated. I called Raj to get out of the house. He said that he had to hold the fish tank to stop it from toppling . Poor fishes would have been dead by now, and cleaning the mess would have been a completely different story.
I remember one of the earthquake I experienced in school years. I guess this must be before 1980. Our Ba, Aai and Shejarche Kaka all three were there at that time. I was sitting down in the kitchen and eating . Aai was cooking, Ba was on the chair, supervising. Kaka was at the kitchen door with newspaper. At that time the ground shook and we realized something wrong. Kaka stopped talking and asked Aai "Soonbai , kai zhala ?" Aai said nothing . Then he turned to Ba and asked "Rattubai, Aho kai zhala ?" Very peacefully Ba answered " Dharnikampa, chala kamala laga" . Such a calm expression, as if nothing happened, I continued eating, then. And look what I did today..... ran out of the building.
EARLY IN THE MORNING WHEN I READ YOUR POST I ALMOST FELL DOWN FROM MY SEAT LAUGHING. HATS OFF TO YOUR MEMORY AND THEY WAY YOU WROTE IT.I ACTUALLY DON'T REMEMBER BUT COULD VISUALISE.
ReplyDelete:D
ReplyDelete